September 18, 2020 - Lucky
Hi, today we will be going to see a basic tutorial of high pass editing in Photoshop the high pass editing is generally used for skin smoothing, remove wrinkles.
Here is a before and after example of high pass editing in Photoshop, as we can see after high pass editing the model face look much more clear. Just follow the steps written below and you will be able to do the same.
1. Open the image in photoshop then press “ctrl+j” to make a copy of it.
2. Change the layer name to “High Pass”.
3. Press “ctrl+i” to invert the image or make a negative of it.
4. Change image mode to “Vivid Light”.
5. Go to Filter → Others → High pass.
6. Choose the radius between 18 to 24 for this image 20 is good.
7. Go to Filter → Blur → Gaussian Blur.
8. Choose the radius between 4 to 8 for this image 4 is good.
9. Press ALT than click on the Layer Mask icon you will get a black invert layer mask.
10. Select the brush tool.
11. Select default in the color section.
12. Make white color is foreground color.
13. Select brush mode to normal.
14. Select brush opacity and flow to 100%.
15. Select the mask.
16. Brush the area where you want to smooth skin.
If you have followed these steps you can see you are getting very smooth skin on the current picture, now reduce brush opacity to 40% to 50% when you are painting over edges and some areas like nose eyelashes, etc so they don’t get very blurry.
Image from unsplash, click here to download it.